Friday, May 27, 2011

Day One

We left after Awards Day and started the journey.  I am happy to say that the day went well!  I enjoyed teaching the kids how to read a map (I bought a Child Atlas for each of them) and we played travel hangman for a lot of the way here.  We did not even rely on TV until the last hour of the trip, which I thought was pretty good!!

We stopped in Greensboro so that my husband (being the pork lover he is) could partake of some NC BBQ  at Stameys before we left the great state of NC.

We left and went on to WV and stopped at the New River Gorge.  It was BEAUTIFUL and we are already making plans to come back and spend more time. :)  We were able to get some pictures in before we were soaked by a rainshower.  You can see the fog that came after the shower in some of the pictures. 







We have just settled in at our hotel in Ohio for the night....looking forward to driving to Illinios tomorrow.  That drive will be our longest trek.  Looking forward to our further adventures.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy coming along with you on your trip! Keep up with the blogging... you are doing great! I love you and be safe! I hope you guys make LOTS of memories and have an absolute BLAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how were the winding roads to Ohio? remember i have to go there in July...let me know, I miss you...and I am loving this blog thing... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I found you all :) I will LOVE following in your journey's. Have a great time and traveling mercies to you all. This is GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far the roads have not been bad. Thanks everyone for the positive comments! :)

    ReplyDelete